Sunday, September 26, 2010

The beginning

I've had trouble with getting this blog started. Trying to figure out what to and what not to share. What is important, what is helpful to myself and others, what may be harmful to myself or others.

It is my belief that Paganism, or Wicca, should not be taken lightly. I believe that both religions need to be studied, guided, practiced... although to what end I do not know. I believe even with a lifetime of study, there is and will be more questions and answers. I believe that anyone, including myself, that intends to practice either Paganism or Wicca need to approach it with good faith, trust, and a sincere thirst for knowledge. There is certainly no shortage of information out there, in books, on the web and from others studying the path of choice.

I personally, was born into Paganism just under a year ago. Aside from my initiation, I've done no further ritual. I have read a lot, I have spoken to those I can and I have read even more. However, I feel that I am ready to start taking steps, even small steps, into further practice and involvement with my beliefs. These steps are what I would like to share with anyone who reads my blog, to whatever end.

I do feel the need to clarify, for anyone who questions the goals and purpose of the Pagan religions, there are several that can fall into the category, that we do not believe in the devil, nor do we believe in the same God as Christians do. For that matter, there are a wide range of Deities that those who practice the Pagan religion chose from. Some day I might expound on this subject more, I am not sure. But the one thing I find myself asked about most is Satin or the Devil, neither of which I even believe in.

Anyhow, feel free to interact with me how you would like to. You can "lurk" and simply read my blog. You can ask questions of me, you can even give me suggestions. I am open to all. Just know that my first and foremost belief and practice is "An it harm none".

As I mentioned before, I plan to take a small step further into the realm of Paganism today, I plan to cleans and consecrate my tools as well as set up and establish my altar. I believe that would be a great time to truly "begin" my blog as well as my Book of Shadows, which at this point is mearly through blogger and in a notebook. Someday though, I hope to further my collection of tools and books, allowing me a more traditional feel to the practice.

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment